What is SPARK?
We simply don’t know enough about autism. SPARK — a landmark autism research study — aims to make important progress possible by transforming the way autism research is done
We do this by:
- Studying genetic, behavioral, and medical information from hundreds of thousands of people making SPARK the largest study of autism ever.
- Partnering with the nation’s leading research universities and autism centers.
- Committing to research for the long term. The SPARK study will continue for years to come and we’ll study information from participants as they grow and develop.
- Making SPARK open to all individuals with autism, of any age, and their family members.
How Does It Work?
In order to advance autism research and discovery in a way that matters to YOU, we need everyone to participate. If you are an individual with an autism diagnosis, or the parent/guardian of someone with an autism diagnosis, we would like you to enroll in SPARK.
- Enrollment takes about 20 minutes. It is completely online and your data will be protected.
- You have the option to give a saliva sample for DNA analysis. We send saliva kits to you at no cost. If we find a genetic change related to autism, we will return this information to you. At this time, as many as 10% of participants are receiving genetic results back from SPARK.
- You may be invited to join other autism research studies that are relevant to you or your family members. You are in control and can choose the studies that you’d like to join.
Enroll in SPARK for yourself, your family, or for future generations. SPARK is here to stay. We need your participation so we can continue advancing science, making new discoveries, and increasing our understanding of autism.
It’s Simple and It’s Free.
Your contributions will make a difference. It’s simple and it’s free. Register today and your SPARK study kit will be mailed to you.
Together, we will advance autism research for years to come.